Thursday, June 17, 2010

The Way of Things

First off, thank you to everyone who has visited and read my ramblings. A very special thank you for those who gave me attention, um, I mean feedback. I have decided that it is my goal to put up a substantial post on a matter worthy of discussion at least once a week, thus you can look for one tomorrow. I am hoping that this schedule will prove less stressful than the same time line for my, currently defunct, webcomic. This seems reasonable since I am a licensed and trained pontificator, but a supremely unskilled artist. Supplementing the meaty posts will be updates on my life, things I think are funny, and other random posts (such as this one) as I feel moved or as is requested. Let me reiterate, this is not my weekly (hopefully) thought provoking post, this is a post about that post, a meta-post if you will.

Because the title of my blog is premised on my being a rational centrist, rather than accepting either leftist or right-wing dogma, and because the majority of my friends are left leaning, I wanted to choose a topic this week that would seem less acceptable to liberals. This is under the assumption that most of them would agree with my stance on abortion, which is unlikely to garner any interesting arguments from them. (Although there were some thought provoking responses, I didn't get any clear rebuttles, and what is the fun in that?) To that end, tomorrow I shall be presenting my argument why people who do not have faith in a higher power/order cannot be moral. Please do not lambaste me yet, wait for the post before you mentally skewer me.

This is a thought I have had for a few years now, though it hasn't had the polishing that comes from much discussion yet. However, one of my goals for this blog is to generate new thoughts and ideas. To this end, please feel free to let me know if there is a topic you would like me to give my view on. Once I am done teaching, in two weeks (Huzzah!), I would even be willing to read papers/books that are recommended to me, in moderation of course. Until tomorrow, think thoughtful thoughts!

No comments: